Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

My fiancé is incarcerated so he filled out all the required paper work and gave me what I needed to her it because we need it to get married in 2 weeks. At first they said I didn't send the 2nd page of the lease showing his signature.

I told them that if they look at the bottom of the first and only page of the lease they would see both our names. I then got a notice that it was approved so I called the number they provided and after waiting over 45 minutes to speak to someone I was told that they couldn't use my debit card to pay for it. That he would need to go to Walmart or some place like that. Again I explained that he is in prison which is why I'm paying for it with my debit card.

I was then told by April the supervisor that he could just go to Walmart real quick to pick up a card. Again I told them that that was not possible because he's in prison. So they told me to go get a prepaid visa card and put his information in when I register it and it should go thru. No problem.

My roommate went out got the card and put what I thought the balance was as they had already taken $10 out of my account on the 9th. Needless to say when they ran the card for $53.50 it was declined because I thought the balance was $43.50. I was then told that I started an order on the 8th, cancelled it on the 9th which is why they took $10 out of my account and then I started another order on the 10th. I told them that I never started a second order.

I signed back in on the 10th and submitted the documents it told me they needed. I was told that it wasn't something they could have done there because that's what the computer said. Why in the world would I start an order, cancel the next day knowing I'd be charged $10 and then turn right around and order the same thing again. I used them because we need the birth certificate like yesterday.

I asked them how they could take $10 out of my account in my name when they told me they couldn't do that because of government policies. They told me that was different. I asked about getting a refund for the $10 because it was their mistake not mine. One last said yes they would do that but April acted like they couldn't.

So the way it looks I am gonna pay a $20 fee for processing instead of $10. Not to mention having to spend $10 on prepaid cards to put in his name so that I can pay for the birth certificate. They better not me they can't take 2 separate cards even though they are in his name or I may literally snap. I have never had this much trouble getting a birth certificate online.

The only reason I used Vital Check was because I could get it sooner. However with them coming up with a new excuse every time I call I'm starting to think it would have been just as easy to have done it done other way. The supervisor was not willing to do ANYTHING at all to help. Not even transfer the monry to the order that I thought I had already paid $10.00 apparently that's illegal too.

So they had no problem at all taking the $10 from an account in my name but today they couldn't do that because the card wasnt in his name.

Well it wasn't in his name on the 9th either. Everyone I spoke with except Jessica, had bad attitudes and made it sound like we were disturbing them and they were in no hurry to help.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vitalchek Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Aug 24.

Comments

VitalChek Network
Vitalchek Verified Representative

We are sorry to hear about your frustrating experience try ing to order your boyfriend's birth certificate. Please contact us with your order number so we can look into this for you.

You can call us at 800-255-2414, email us at vitals.research@vitalchek.com or send us a private message through our Facebook page where you will usually get a response in a matter of minutes. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have has caused you and look forward to assisting you with this matter.