They promised to "locate" my document (for $66.25 including $14 for overnight delivery). They called two days later and said they couldn't "locate" my document but the fee was non-refundable because they "searched" for it....a "diligent" search, as they stated To make matters worse, they refused to refund the $14 overnight fee or the $7.25 "processing fee".

When I asked why I would pay $14 for something that was not going to be sent, let alone overnighted, they simply said, "Sorry, non-refundable". To justify the overnight fee, they overnighted a document stating they couldn't find the desired document.

This is some warped sense of humor (not to mention sense of honor) these people have. Brutal!!!

Comments

The same thing would have happened if you had ordered it through you state offices. I don't know if they would have refunded the fees for overnight shipping, etc., but I do know they wouldn't have refunded the fee for searching for it. From now on I would just go through the Vital Statistics office at your state capital.