I ordered 2 copies of my birth certificates on 04.10.12, and faxed in my documentations on 04.11.12. A week later, I confirmed with VitalChek my record request got approved by the L.A.

County Registrar Office and I should be getting my certificates in the mail within 1-2 weeks. It is now 08.08.12 and I have failed to receive anything in the mail, with no e-mail contact or updates from anything at VitalChek or the L.A. County Registrar office. Throughout these four months, I have many many contacts to VitalChek, who told me they had done their part and it is up to L.A.

County Registrar to process my order. I contacted L.A. County Registrar and they told me I must speak to the VitalChek department, but the number they provided does not work! No one ever answers regardless of what time I would call, and there are no options to leave a call back number.

I've e-mailed VitalChek with complaints before and no one cared enough to respond. Today, I finally called VitalChek at their main contact number and was told by a rep who told me there must've been a human error where my credit card may not have been charged or my application was put on hold (even though according to the status, it was 'approved'), but no one bothered to update it. They could've told me this FOUR MONTHS AGO! Now, they told me to either just wait, or to go in person to apply.

I am beyond frustrated and do not want to wait another four months. I also do not know if I should go in person to 're-apply' because I had already provided payment for $48.00 and do not want to be charged again and end up with FOUR COPIES of my daughter's birth certificates.

If I knew the wait was going to be long and no one would assist me to get this either completed or CLOSED or I will know how to proceed, I am stuck in the middle with no resolution. I think everyone should just save themselves from the trouble and apply in person!

Review about: Vitalchek Birth Certificate.

Comments

Forevertammy122,

Please contact me directly at 800-669-8313 Ext: 86879 for assistance with your order.

David Butler