About two weeks ago I foolishly contracted "Vitalchek" to ship a certified copy of my birth certificate. Due "Internal Server Error" on their part, they could not upload the required I.D., nor could a personal profile be performed for same internal reasons.

By chance I finally found a way to get a phone number for them,(1-800-255-2414), through "Ancestry.com.

Placed a call and after 8 minutes I hung-up. I will call again and let you know how I made out, and let you know a better way to receive like documents cheaper and quicker.

Review about: Vitalchek Birth Certificate.

Comments

VitalChek is merely a service entity between the customer and the Vital Records Office. Once you pay your money and they put you through the wringer to take your order, they have no idea how long the process can actually take.

They are not onsite; therefore, they do not take into consideration the fact that many Vital Records offices are short-staffed and are receiving high volumes of applications due to the fact that birth certificates are needed for so many purposes these days. They often cannot possibly fullfil an order as quickly as one might like.

Why not fill out your application and send it to Vital Records, using an expedited postal service, or UPS or FEd-Ex? The turn-around time is much quicker.