I needed my birth certificate asap for travel purposes and I figured I'd spend just as much money driving to Lansing to get it versus ordering online. I was put in touch with vital chek through the michigan website so I thought I could trust they would deliver on time.

After I comitted to the extra $20 for speedy delivery the e-mail informed me the 2-day delivery time was only the time it took for them to send my information to Lansing, not the time I would recieve it. I called them and they guaranteed me I would recieve it by Friday July 15. Well it's the 17th and still no records. I was supposed to leave on Tuesday, but I need the records to get a passport.

I'm disappointed they haven't come through on their promise and it looks like I'm going to have to drive to Lansing anyway.

Vital check is a very misleading service, they need to be specific/honest about delivery times so people can plan situations better. Im spending extra monies I don't have

Product or Service Mentioned: Vitalchek Birth Certificate.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 17, 2011.

Comments

I had the same problem.....paid extra for express delivery....it took over two weeks

Jeanaa03,

As soon as an order is complete, the transmission of order information takes place within 24 hours. The processing time for the individual vital records office in Michigan afterwards is 1-2 business days, but can be affected by order volume or other factors within that office. It is doubtful that your order would be late unless the order was incomplete or the agency could not locate the document based on the information submitted.

Please call me directly for assistance with your order at 800-669-8313 Ext: 6879

David Butler