Sacramento, California

I tried to order an Oklahoma Birth Certificate on the VitalCheck web site. The web site said I needed to submit a Verication Form and copy of an identification card. The web site also said I would receive a Verification Form by e-mail and provided me with a link to download the form.

I never received the form by e-mail and was unable to download the form. When I made multiple calls to customer service no one ever answered the phone after long waits.

Eventually VitalChek sent an e-mail reminding me to submit the verification forms. I wrote back and explained I never received a form. They said I could cancel my order but would still be charged their $10.95 service charge. I cancelled my order but said I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if they charged me, which I did.

In addition, many of the help links on their web site do not work, they merely refresh the current page. I was unable to find the link on their FAQ page to send them a message. This makes me wonder if they are actually running a scam on the public, even though the official Oklahoma public records web site referred me to them.

I feel that VitalChek failed to perform under the terms of their agreement, breaching their contract with me. Therefore I should not be charged. They have since charged my debit card and I should receive a refund.

Review about: Vitalchek Birth Certificate.

Had an Experience with Vitalchek?

Comments

Itscomingdown

Try using the Oklahoma State Dept of Health web site. They have applications for birth certificates and tell you where you can walk in and get it with proper ID. Went and got my new babys same day insted of waiting 4 weeks.