I felt "red flag" when my 80 year old mother, who's 92 year old life partner just died and we needed a copy of his daughters death certificate. She died in Kansas, not Missouri. When my mom called Kansas for a copy of the death certificate, they suggested we get online and use Vitalcheck.

I felt funny ordering from them. Instead of a simple $15.00 fee, they charge an extra $11 to do a search. If they don't find the name, you are out of luck. No refund. They don't tell you that until you type in your credit card. But for some reason, I felt something wasn't right. My mom insisted, and the screen came up to the verification of ID. The choices were so off base that neither of us could figure it out. Vitalchek apparently didn't charge the card. I told my mom to immediately call Discover Card, and cancel. The card has not been charged. I did a search on here and Rip off Report. The company is very prevalent. My next call will be to the Kansas Vital Statistics in Topeka and complain. I don't think this company is to be trusted.

Comments