VitalChek was supposed to provide my wife with an updated birth certificate from Puerto Rico (required since 2010).After paying their fee and even more for expedited service, two weeks later we find that someone there "forgot" to submit the request after receiving all pertinent details.

This service was recommended to us by the worker at the Social Security office, although she made it plain that it was a personal recommendation, not an official one.

It's very difficult to get through to talk to a real human, but when we did, we find that it was a real human error, and not a hint of their wanted to reimburse us for the wasted time!I recommend you find another service to get the certificate you may need.

Review about: Vitalchek Birth Certificate.

Comments

Go through the city hall clerk's office in the city you were born.They always have a way to contact them from out of state, or out of US Territory in this case.

Despite being somewhat backwards, even PR should be able to provide a Birth Certificate by mail. We own PR and even though they refuse to speak english and pay taxes and suck up welfare money like it's going out of style it's still considered a property of the US. Not a state, but a property like a territory of ours. However, as long as you can find someone who speaks their language you'll be able to get what you need.

I've heard that those islanders do not move quickly and are quite lazy so good luck getting anything from that island except rum and perhaps an EBT card.The males there are good at one thing, and they're very good at it.

There is no where to contact these people.This is a scam.

You pay them their money and they are like the "Peggy" lady commercial who is in the middle of the alps answering all the phones...yet, there is no real business.I sent them the "requested" information on two occasions but there was always a problem with is and then they cancelled my order.