I was ordering a copy of my child's birth certificate. On their website it stated, I would not be charged until i sent a copy of my I.D.

I Filled all the information the website asked for, I clicked submit and nothing happend, I thought It was a glitch in their website.

I assumed my order didnt go through, I checked my e.mail that night and i received nothing, i checked it the next day and i had an e.mail from them prompting me to send a copy of my I.D. I didnt send a copy of my I.D. I had already found another source of receiving the copy. I seen on my bank statement 2 weeks later that I was charged $7.00 .I went to their website, read through their fine print and there was no mention of a $7.00 fee.

I called customer service and the lady told me that the fee is not in their fine print, I would have to go back into the website like i was ordering a new one ( Fake order one ) how she put it, and that it would charge me another $7.00 fee. I dont feel like its right to charge unsuspecting customers $7.00 for nothing, when the website appears like there is a glitch in their system with no mention whatsoever of a $7.00 Processing Fee.

Review about: Vitalchek Birth Certificate.

Comments

Ahh, more or less a similar situation. Here I am ordering my own certificate and read the same thing about not being charged until they get a copy of an i.d.

I immediatly canceled due to suspicions (i mean for Christ's sake, they have check spelled with a missing letter!) and I opened up another tab just to do my research of this company before going any further. To my surprise they then charged me with 8 dollars AFTER cancelling when the fine print said I would NOT be charged for canceling shipping or certificate fees *sigh* really?

I am disappointed as I got this link directly from a government site, which are supposed to be the most trusted. They are just horrible.