I ordered an expedited copy of my birth certificate with an apostle from the State of New York though Vital check. New York refers all on line customers to Vital Check. So you have no option but to use this service. This was almost 4 weeks ago, I was sent an email stating a 2-5 day turn around time. As I was told the same thing when I called before I placed my order. I need this to get married out of the country. Well I sent 2 emails to vital check took them 1 week to respond where I was told I myself had to contact New York. Well it is now past 3 weeks I had to reschedule my date of the wedding. And after many calls to Vital check and waiting 45 minutes to 1 hour to talk to someone. All they say is they will contact New York and it will take New York 5 business days to contact me. Or they tell me I can call New York myself. This is complete unacceptable to me as New York forces you to use this service. And this service was contracted to get my certificate with in the stated 5 day turn around time. And they can not even do the leg work themselves to find out what is the hold up.

Below is the response to my email from a vital check rep.

02/21/2011 11:49 AM Dear Customer,

New York City is considered an out of house agency. That means you are able to place your order online using our service, however they prefer to handle their own customer service issues and inquiries. We are not provided the information to do so. Please contact them directly at 1.212.788.4520 with questions regarding your order.

Sincerely,

VitalChek Online Support

So in other words thank you for your money. Go to *** and if you want any information get it yourself.

I will be filing a complaint with the better business burro.

If you can stay away from this company

P.S.I called New York my self several times and they told me someone would contact me with in 5 business days.

Review about: Vitalchek Birth Certificate.

Comments

The customer service for Vital Check is horrible. Their phone # for support is extremely difficult to find.

They don't answer the call and they delayed processing and required a fax of a driver's license later.

These people have obviously cornered the market and feel they can do what they want. I won't use them again.