Don't know about other states but, if you live in Pennsylvania, do not use this service. The estimated "processing" times aren't even close.

Vitalchek charged me for a birth certificate I ordered the end of July. It's now the end of October and still no document. Should have just taken the day off work and visited the nearest state office to get the document. I would have saved Vitalchek's 10 dollar fee and not been out the rest for the certificate.

It's past the 45 day deadline on the Vitalchek website so I can no longer view "updates" there. I called customer service and was basically told, sucks to be you, in not so may words.

If I want a refund then paperwork needs to be started and has to be "approved". Beware!

Product or Service Mentioned: Vitalchek Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Company wrote 2 public responses to the review from Oct 26, 2017.

Comments

VitalChek Network
Vitalchek Verified Representative

We're sorry to hear you have not received the death certificate you ordered from NY. Please call us at 800-255-2414 or email your order number to vitals.research@vitalchek.com so we may look into this for you. We apologize for in the inconvenience and frustration this delay has caused.

Purchased Death Certificate in NY -- The same thing literally happened to me. I placed the order on August 18th and never received anything.

VitalChek Network
Vitalchek Verified Representative

We're sorry to hear you have not received your birth certificate order yet. Unfortunately, Pennsylvania vital records is backlogged with orders and is just now processing orders placed in July 2017.

We apologize if the level of customer service you received was subpar. Please email us your order number at vitals.research@vitalchek.com so we may look into this for you and provide you with an update on your order.