I was directed (supposedly) by my state to obtain a copy of my marriage license through this company.I was reluctant to order due to the high cost of shipping and other fees.

I decided to go ahead anyway. I entered my name, date of marriage, maiden name and then my Credit Card number. Continuing, I was asked for my birth date and FULL S.S. number.

At that point, I decided that that was a *** thing to do. They already had all my other information and there was no need to give them my SS # and birth date. I backed my information out of the system and closed the website. A few minutes later, I received an e-mail thanking me for my order and a reference # and when I had the rest of the info, I could go back and enter the remainder of the info and they would then process my order.

Today, after seeing a $10 charge on my CC card, I called the company and told them I had not placed an order because they were requesting too much unnecessary information and I had removed my information from their system and never completed a request. I was told that the $10 was a non-refundable charge for using their system. Once I had put in my C.C. number, they had me.

I would highly recommend that no one use this service!

I called my county today and they have an entire department designated to marriage licenses.I'm not sure if the state of TN actually endorsed this company.

This person wrote the review because of "non authorized charge when i decided not to use their service." of vitalchek birth certificate from Vitalchek. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $10 and wants Vitalchek to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Vitalchek for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Vitalchek?

Comments