I needed a certified copy of our Marriage Certificate quickly for proof of my husband's eligibility for benefits on my employer's plan.I began searching online for the best way to go about this when I found VitalChek - "Order Government-Issued Vital Records Online.

Simple. Fast. Secure. Authorized.

When you need birth certificates or marriage, divorce, or death records, VitalChek is your #1 authorized online ordering source." Perfect. Order with them and they take care of everything. Paid $71.70 for an expedited Marriage Certificate from North Carolina on 17-April-2017. Received a confirmation quickly that my personal information had been verified and request forwarded to the North Carolina Vital Records dept.

On 24-Apr, I received via overnight UPS an official letter from the North Carolina Vital Records dept, complete with official seal, that there was no record of a marriage certificate that I said took place in North Carolina. I called the Vital Records dept and spoke with a very ignorant woman who pulled up the request and read me the letter that I had in my hand. She explained that they contacted the county Registrar's office where the certificate should have been filed and were told it didn't exist. I then called the Mecklenburg County Registrar's Office as this frustrating conversation at least told me where it should be.

The woman who answered the phone pulled up our certificate in less than a minute. There are two options to get a copy via them - in person or online. The online delivery option is pick it up in person or they will mail it via regular usps - no expedited, no tracking available - charge $10. It is a 10 hour drive roundtrip to this office.

I called VitalChek to explain the situation and get a resolution. Waited on the phone for almost 2 hours! Jessica answered the call. I explained that there was an issue with my order and gave her my order #.

She told me that the Order had been received by the Government Agency and should be completed within 5-10 business days. I told her that I received communication from the NC Vital Record dept yesterday and shared the above story. She said she didn't understand what I wanted as the Order was completed! Kid you not!

This is the same order that she just told me would take 5-10 business days to complete. I said I paid VitalChek to expedite obtaining a copy of my marriage certificate. I do not have it. VitalChek chose to work with NC Vital Records who DID NOT do their job properly.

THAT is not my responsibility. It is yours. I have had to do the work I paid you to do. The Marriage Certificate is in the Mecklenburg County Registrar's Office.

Jessica told me to work with NC Vital Records to obtain it!! She did not make any offer to resolve on my behalf. As far as she was concerned, their part in the transaction was completed. I said so basically I paid VitalChek $71.70 for nothing.

She said our fees are non-refundable. You can dispute them with your credit card company which was the next thing I did.

I explained to the woman at the credit card company what happened.She was shocked and said it sounds as if they shouldn't be in business.

Review about: Vitalchek Marriage Certificate.

I didn't like: Idea of customer service is telling you to do it yourself.

Had an Experience with Vitalchek?

Comments

I needed a copy of my child's birth certificate to get her covered by employee insurance.My job started in at the end of August.

I put in my order on July 22, 2017. I did not receive my daughter's birth certificate until December 01, 2017. The human resources department sent me constant emails asking for the birth certificate and threatening to terminate my child's coverage if I could not provide it.

It caused me a ridiculous amount of stress as she would not be able to be added back to my insurance until open enrollment of the following year.DON'T DO IT!!!

Holbrook, New York, United States #1351000

This company is a fake!

Basically just had the exact same experience with a birth certificate I ordered (expidited and ups overnight) on April 1st, it's April 29th and I still haven't received it.I ended up making a 10 hour (round trip) drive to DC from Ct because I needed it for travel and literally could not wait one more day.

The customer service staff was snarky, and wouldn't even refund the UPS charge even though it hadn't been shipped.

If they were honest about the length of time it would take, I just wouldn't have done it.Shame on me, I guess for not reading all the terrible reviews first.